Lunch - Meal Program
We participate in the National School Breakfast and Lunch Program. Our goal is to provide healthy foods to encourage children to make healthy choices every day. We strive to create a friendly, fun, safe and sanitary eating environment for our students. The cafeteria serves as the first nutrition classroom.
Meals, foods, snacks and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements based on the USDA Dietary and California Competitive Sales guidelines. All meals, foods and beverages are prepared and served by qualified child nutrition professionals. Full details for the district lunch program, including payment details and up-to-date menus are available at the Los Alamitos USD Food Services Website.
Students may bring their lunches from home or buy them at school. Students may not go home for lunch unless the parent signs them out at the main office.
We recommend parents to pre-purchase school lunches for their children for safety, sanitation and speed of service. There are three ways to prepay meals:
- Online payments using www.k12paymentcenter.com
- Make checks payable to the Los Alamitos Unified School District- Food Services Department.
- Drop off the check Drop off the check in the designated DROP BOX for Food Services in the school office.
- Please write a separate check for each child if you have more than one child at LAE.
- Write the name of the student on the memo portion of the check.
- Place cash in a sealed envelope marked "Lunch Money"
- Put your Child's First & Last name and Student ID # with your payment to insure proper credit.
- Drop off the labelled and sealed envelope in the designated DROP BOX for Food Service in the school office.
Students may bring a snack to have during the morning recess. Snacks should be nutritious and are encouraged for younger children.
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND CANDY OR SODA FOR SNACKS OR LUNCH.
- PLEASE DO NOT bring fast food lunches.
If students forget their lunch or run out of lunch credits they will be given a cheese sandwich and milk free of charge. Money is not lent to students who have forgotten their lunches.