Los Alamitos Elementary School serves students in Transitional Kindergarten through 5th grade
It is located in a suburban, non-residential area of Los Alamitos, on the border of Orange and Los Angeles counties. Surrounded by a park, middle school and light industry, the school has a unique atmosphere which reflects a strong sense of community and pride. LAE is the oldest elementary school – over 50 years – in the district.
Some of our families have lived in the community for generations, while others live in nearby communities, attending on inter-district transfer permits. All have been attracted to the school because of the outstanding reputation it has for high academic standards, teachers who care deeply about their students, and a safe and nurturing environment.
Los Alamitos Elementary School also provides a maker space program; student leadership, music program; media center program; and Kids’ Korner, an on-site extended day care program providing services to over 200 students before and after school. Los Alamitos Elementary School is proud to partner with the Los Alamitos Education Foundation (LAEF) to provide after school enrichment activities in academics, activities, and the arts.
Be a scholar! Be a bucket filler!
- 2016 California Gold Ribbon School
- 2016 Title I Academic Achievement Award
- Top 8% of Elementary Schools in the State
- National Blue Ribbon and California Distinguished School
- Pacific Symphony Class Act School
- Silver Medal School, Orange County Register 2011, 2012
- California Business for Education Excellence 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Honor Roll
- Cotsen Foundation Alumni School
Los Alamitos Elementary is recognized for demonstrating consistent high academic achievement. The outstanding commitment of our students, teachers and parent community make LAE the place to be!